Mount Carmel High School
Mount Carmel High School is a private, Catholic all-boys school located on the South Side of Chicago.
Founded in 1900, the school is operated by the Carmelite Order and offers a variety of educational, athletic and extra curricular activities to its student population.
Drawing from a wide range of neighborhoods and suburbs, Mount Carmel offers unique educational opportunities steeped in tradition.
The Caravan have long been known as an athletic powerhouse and boasts numerous Illinois State titles in a variety of sports.
In recent years, the campus has undergone renovations as new athletic facilities, computer labs and common areas have been added.
- Fax: 773-324-9235
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1900
- Number of students: 750
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic
- Accreditation/licenses: The National Catholic Education Association, The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Illinois State Board of Education
- Number of faculty: 85
- Grade levels: High School
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: World History, English III- Language and Composition, United States History, English IV- Literature, Latin/Spanish/French IV, Calculus AB/BC, Physics, European History
- Extracurricular activities available: Art, Broadcasting, Chess, Computer, Debate, NHS, Math Team, Mission, Yearbook, Speech, Photography and more
- Sports teams: Baseball, Basketball, Bass Fishing, Bowling, Cross Country, Fishing, Football, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling