Still need New Year's Eve plans? Patch has your New Year's Eve plans under control with these area events for families and adults. So strap on your party hat, grab your noisemaker and peruse our list of neighborhood events happening for Monday, Dec. 31, 2012:
The 19th Ward senior citizen New Year's Eve Party at Noon will be hosted at the Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences, 3857 W. 111th Street. The event is hosted by local elected officials and will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The cost is $5.
- Family style lunch will served.
- Entertainment includes holiday themed music and bingo with cash prizes.
- Reservations are needed and can be made by calling 773-238-8776.
If you are looking to leave the neighborhood for the big night, there are a variety of events at clubs and restaurants all across the city. Two unique options might be a revue show at Second City, or a four course meal and lakefront cruise.
115 Bourbon Street, at 3359 W. 115th St., is hosting an evening of live bands, buffets and booze. Evening and overnight packages are available. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Live music includes 16 Candles, Rendition, Back Country Roads, The Mavericks and Shawn Edwards.
- $75 wrist bands include valet parking, coat check, bands, appetizer/breakfast buffets; and a premium open bar from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- $300 overnight stay for two at Hampton Inn or Baymont Inn. Package includes two wristbands to Bourbon Street, hotel room, plus free shuttle to and from hotel.
- Reservations required for hotel packages: Candy, Baymont Inn, Alsip, 708-597-3900; Laura, Hampton Inn, Crestwood, 708-597-3330.
- Order New Year's Eve tickets online at 115 Bourbon Street.
Riddles Comedy Club at 5055 W. 111th St., Alsip, is offering dinner and a show, followed by a DJ and dancing on New Year's Eve for $45 per person. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Buffet dinner, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Headliner Kent Radar, "the world's cleanest comedian" and Chicago standups Dan Brennan and Brian Hicks, 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. shows.
- DJ and dancing, party favors, champagne toast at midnight and cash bar.
- Reservations for NYE required, call 708-422-5055 after 6 p.m.
Ring in 2013 at the Chicago Gaelic Park, 6110 W. 147th St. The park is hosting two great New Year's Eve events, starting off with a family New Year's Eve party, and later, live music for adults 21+ at the Carriage Bar.
Celebrate Ireland's midnight hour at the Gaelic Park's Family New Year's Eve party in the Tara Room, from 4 to 8 p.m. The party includes:
- Buffet dinner
- Kids sparkling juice and adults' champagne toast
- Cash bar
- Party favors
- Live music with Gerry Haughey
- Adults, $26; kids 12 and under, $10; children under three, free.
Live music and entertainment in the Carriage Pub, starting at 9 p.m. No cover, featuring:
- Bernie Glim & Country Roads
Countdown on Ice
The Oak Lawn Park District is hosting a kids' New Year's Eve noon countdown and family skate at the Ice Arena at 9320 S. Kenton Ave., from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. This is a popular event so come early. The kids' countdown features:
- New Year's Eve hat and noisemaker for kids
- CMT Productions lights and music
- Concession stand open
- Admission, $8; skate rental, $3 (sorry, no coupons, passes, discounts or refunds).
- Call the Ice Arena at 708-857-5173 or visit olparks.com.
Children's Museum Noon Countdown
The Children's Museum in Oak Lawn, 5100 Museum Drive, will also host a kids' New Year's Eve countdown at the museum, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The museum will close early at 2 p.m.
- Countdown is at noon
- Special crafts and games
- Face painting available for extra charge.
- Party is included in regular admission, adults and children, $7; seniors 55+, $6; and kids one and under, free.
Party at the Post
The Johnson-Phelps VFW Post 5220 at 9514 S. 52nd Ave., is hosting a private New Year's Eve Party including live music, food and spirits from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets are $35 and include:
- DJ Mike the Italian Stallion
- Open bar and champagne fountain
- Call 708-423-5220 to reserve tickets.
Wish all the animals 'Happy Zoo Year' at the Brookfield Zoo, 3300 Golf Road,from 6 to 8 p.m. This party is perfect for families with children under 6, and includes:
- Live DJ music at the Holly Jolly Theater
- Games, party favors and prizes
- Countdown is a 8 p.m.
- Make noisemakers at the Hamill Family Play Zoo
- Admission is adults, $15; seniors, $10.50; children 11-3, $10.50
- Purchase tickets online at the Brookfield Zoo.
Our Lady of Loretto Church at 8925 S. Kostner Ave. is hosting New Year's Day Bingo in the parish hall. Doors open at 1 p.m., games begin at 3 p.m., Jan. 1, 2013.
- Features 15 games, including two $500 games.
- Hot sandwiches, snacks and baked goods will be sold.
- Bingo supplies available.
- Admission is $15; must be 18 or older to play.
- Check Our Lady of Loretto website for more info or call 708-424-7471.